Sunday, September 20, 2009

Christy's Philosphy


I am a home birth midwife committed to providing personalized midwifery care. I believe birth is a natural, miraculous life event. A woman’s body deserves much respect for the amazing changes it goes through in order to carry, nourish, birth, and care for a baby. In addition to the physical changes that occur, I believe that pregnancy and birth can be a great emotional and spiritual growth opportunity, and I see it as my duty as a midwife to assist this process as best I can. Therefore, I support the mother's body and the baby to do the work that must be done to grow, give birth and be birthed; I intercede only when difficulties arise. There are many aides to help assist pregnancy and birth to be a wonderful experience, and I try to provide these to my clients.

I believe a baby is the most precious thing we are given, and there is nothing sweeter than holding and nursing your newborn. Over the years I have gained much experience helping mothers give birth and families care for their babies. I enjoy sharing this knowledge with families; however, I believe each person should have the opportunity to explore what fits best with their belief system.

It is extremely important to me that each woman is fully informed about all aspects of her care so she can make educated choices regarding her own health and that of her child.

As a midwife committed to the care and well-being of mothers, I will do everything I can to help support women and their families during the miraculous journey through pregnancy, birth, and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment